Job one in having a successful thrift store is to maximize donations and continually have inventory flowing inward.
- Secure Collection Bins and label them with the Society of St. Vincent de Paul’s logo. Collection Bin How To’s
- Secure locations (look for locations that people frequent often).
- Corner gas stations, Grocery stores, Churches – Anywhere that the bin is visible from Main Street.
- Incentives: offer a tax deduction to business. $100 per month suggested amount.
- Recruit churches to have collection drives.
- Work with the church to publicize the collection drive.
- Park a truck at the participating church on a Sunday.