Sell items online? What do you need to know? Learn more.
- Identify hidden gems. You never know when someone will drop off a masterpiece from Picasso or another hidden treasure. Put a system in place to find treasures.
- Size matters. Plan to ship only lightweight, small items. Customers will not pay for shipping if it doubles the cost of the item purchased.
- Ask your donors for used books and sell them!
- “Free Shipping” increases sales but diminishes your bottom line. You will need to carefully consider its use.
- Selling an item though online auctions can be lucrative. Allow two weeks to sell the item. If it does not sell, drop the price 30%. If it still does not sell, return it to the sales floor of your thrift or recycle it.